Tuesday, November 25, 2008

People



It is interesting to me that there is an estimated 6.72 billion people on this planet. 6.72 billion Each has their own loves and fears. Their are people with no concept of electricity, religion, greed, some have no sight, some have no emotional connection, some are dying, being born, some are stranded alone in the wilderness or ocean, some are surrounded by all their loved ones, some are rich, and some live off of nothing but the land, some are addicts, some are skinny, fat old young, some are transgender, transsexual, straight, gay, gimp, sick, and some are pefectly healthy. Right now there is a person on this Planet doing and being whatever you could possibly imagine. 
 A few weeks ago I was in Seattle for the Coal Head wear shoot. While out at dinner one night, a man stumbled in the the room and fell to the ground shaking violently. At first the host thought he was kidding and asked him how the floor smelt. Then he quickly changed his mind and called an ambulance. My sister and our friend Kami raced up next to the mans side. No one else in the restaurant did anything. Some looked over, but most just continued on with their dinners. After about 5 minutes, the manager came out and asked if they could move the man because he was disturbing the restaurant. When the ambulance showed up we all sat back down and finished our dinner with not much to say. We walked away that evening with a little less faith in humanity. I can't say that I blame these people. I mean we are scary. I'm just scared of being around these kind of people if I were to go down.

All of this has made me think more about humans and human nature. I love the mystery. You never know who is emotionally inept. We are all just ticking time bombs, really.  
 I have been taking a lot of hip pictures of different people that I find interesting, people with a little mystery to them, or people that I find fabulous.
          
                                                                                                                                           



No comments: