Sunday, November 16, 2008

Gwar




Gwar..... 
 For those of you who have been to a Gwar show, you already know. Well, you know half of it, anyway. The line was long, and we were already running on a few cases of beer. Apparently just because Curt is in the movie doesn't mean we can skip lines. But, everyone does manage to getin for free.
Exception: Nolan
I think he was upset by this by the way he started complaining about how security took his wallet chain. The band on stage had huge hair, and very windy fans to accentuate their big hair. First song... 666.... second... bomb the cross... 
 We decided to leave and devoure 
some whiskey next door at M&J's. It was a good thing we left because on our walk back, Nolan broke up a domestic abuse situation that involved a certain guy, who just happened to be the same guy that almost ran my family off the road a year prior. 
Back at the concert.....
The movie played and Curt's snowmobile crash once again got many laughs and cheers, but the rocker crowed had enough of this snowboarding shit and they all started to chant, "GWAR, GWAR, GWAR..." It wasn't suprising to hear them chanting this, they did it the year before with IR77.
"All you snowboarders, surfboarders, skateboarders, and whatever else boarders think you are so fucking cool, but you can take that board and shove it up your ass!!!" 
This was Gwar's intro. 
Alright, noted.
To skip many details, mostly because I would rather not revisit them mentally, the band wasn't very friendly to backstage photographers. At the end of the show when all the band members 
were walking off stage i followed one to get a picture, when i was pushed back out by a very angry man screaming profanities in my face. Some people on the crowd side of the curtain didn't find it so funny, and a full fight started, and I was being pushed out of the 
way. 
I was 
trampled over, and somehow managed to hold 5 grown men up on my shoulder. It wasn't until the mass of men shifted that I realized something was seriously not right. Looking pretty scared and confused I looked to Donny Stevens, "My shoulder is out of socket!" Half laughing in a hysterical daze, we got loose and took off for the door. Curt and martin were close behind forcing Nolan outside before we seriously got into trouble. After that extravaganza we decided to keep the night going. I can't tell you much more of the evening, as I have forgotten most of the details. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

uh that picture of donny is absolute.

Mustang said...

Is that for real? There is, I do believe, a god!